Epic-Tools: Epic Easy Miner
UPDATED v2.00 VERSION OF ARTICLE HERE:
What is Epic Easy Miner
In general it is open-source, all-in-one standalone GUI app to start mining Epic-Cash ASAP, accessible and friendly to everyone.
- Manage all software from one application
- Auto-detect users CPU and/or GPU
- Connects with Epic-Cash explorer
- Built-in epic-wallet with basic functionality:
- Connect to network even without running node
- Withdraw mined coins via HTTP/S transfer
- Display External IP and listener port availability
- Manage Server database:
- Make backup of current chain_data
- Import blockchain snapshot from source
- Restore/fix corrupted chain_data
- Clear Peers directory
- Display basic node information
- This application is stand alone and it is not accessing or
changing any other Epic-Cash data on the machine
Current version limitations:
- It is very early version, use with caution
- Works only with Windows 8/10
- Working only with stock epic-miner
- Only solo mining supported
- No ASIC (Cuckoo) mining
- More advanced settings like CPU cores
are still done manually in *.toml files
- Messy black CMD windows are still there
- Python/JS code on GitHub: https://github.com/EpicCash/epic-tools
- Windows executable: https://github.com/EpicEasyMiner.exe
- Telegram support: https://t.me/epiccashhelpdesk
- Author donations: https://epicfundme.com/109
First time use guide
- Download and install EpicEasyMiner.exe file from links above.
- Type password* of your choice to create wallet.
* For user convenience password is stored encrypted in application database, but anyone with access to that directory can also have access to wallet.seed file, thus your mined coins.
- Save displayed 24 word seed phrase, ideally in non-digital form i.e. write it down on piece of paper.
4. Now it is recommended to load previously saved snapshot of chain_data directory, but there is still no straightforward way to get them, I’d recommend to ask on our Telegram (we are working on official source for this). You can also just continue to synchronizing from 0 on your own, this may take up to 12 hours as of todays chain size.
5. If you have snapshot available please stop the server and click Options button in right top corner and pick Restore/Upload New Database, then select source path and upload chain_data directory from that source.
5. Once you can see in one of black windows that your server is running, and Header Tip Height is same or close to blockchain height in top right corner of the app it means your node is fully synchronized with network.
6. You can mine with CPU, GPU or both of them at the same time, click Quick Mining for fast start. One or two CMD windows will spawn on your screen and you can track mining stats there (epic-miner.exe).
7. Since this is solo mining, you will see your balance changing only if you hit the block (~7.42 EPIC), then it takes 1440 blocks (~24h) to mature mined coins and make them spendable.
8. Once your wallet will have positive balance you can withdraw your coins to your other wallet, send to exchange, or to someone else. For now it has to be a valid HTTP/S address pointing to working epic-wallet listener. More ways to withdrawn will be added soon.
Package is using 3 components, official and latest versions of Epic-Cash software available at https://epic.tech/downloads:
- epic-miner (CPU or GPU)
Each one of them have separate directory with configuration and log files, by default in `C:\Program Files\Epic-Cash\Easy Miner\…`. This is the place to look for errors messages or to make more advanced changes. Always turn off software before making any changes in *.toml files.
Thanks to all Epic Community.